Sunday, July 20, 2008

On the Houseboat

Well, after 7 hours on the road, we made it to the houseboat. It is awesome! I have pictures that I will try to post tomorrow. Right now, we are trying to get showers in and beds made so we can hit the sack early. Boat orientation is at 8 tomorrow - when we find out the rules of the lake.

We were able to get on the boat at 4 and were unpacked by 5. We took some time to settle in and then went to dinner. That was the most interesting part so far. Dinner at the Dirty Duck. Super interesting to say the least! I only took one picture there, but I bet the mental pictures you have are fairly accurate.

Well, off to bed before we hit the seas tomorrow. Oh - and the tooth fairy gets to come on the boat for Kaitlyn tonight. She lost her first tooth with all 10 of us here :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that the Tooth Fairy is equipped for marine visits. Ah, the Dirty Duck.

Unknown said...

Just what exactly is dirty about him? That's what I want to know.

Boat looks great. I'm very curious to know what the training entails - "Don't get drunk and sink the boat"? :)