- My girls' birthdays - My girls are 3 years and 13 days apart. Both were born in February. After Kaitlyn's first birthday, we decided to throw a huge birthday bash for both of them. I think we topped out at 48 people. I absoluntely love throwing that party! Food, beverage, gifts, genuine excitement - who could ask for anything more!
- Christmas - Kind of a given, right?
- Our Annual St. Louis trip - We go to STL right before football starts every summer. We wives make the joke that it's the last itme we see our husbands until Christmas! We do the same things every year - Cardinals game, shopping, eating and drinking. But, by the end of the weekend, my face hurts from laughing and smiling so much.
- Swimming on Sunday in the summer - We are very lucky that many of our good friends have pools. So, every Sunday in the summer, we try to go swimming. After church, we make some calls, pack a cooler and float and drink. What a perfect way to end the weekend!
- And finally, vacations - Since I was 3 years old, summertime was the time to take vacations. Until I was 25, that meant going to Lake Lida in Minnesota. When I was 25, Dave and I went to Florida for our 5 year wedding anniversary. The start of Kaitlyn? Maybe. The year I turned 30, we went to Jamaica to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. Thus far, my best vacation. We still have a picture on our entertainment center from that trip. We are already planning our 15 year wedding anniversary trip. Bahamas, I think. The Disney Cruise was the best trip the girls have taken. Being warm in January was good for me too.
Stay tuned to see where Lake of the Ozarks fits in.