Monday, July 21, 2008

First full day ...



Well, the tooth fairy came last night - I am sure you were worried about that! We all tried to go to bed last night around 9:30. We had to do some rearranging but finally made it work. I ended up with 3 of the kids in 2 Queen size beds.
The houseboat we are on is 65 feet long. Since I am not a spatial person, my dad had to tell me that was almost as big as their front yard! Here is a picture of our boat when it was still in the marina. We are boat #288. There are 4 bedrooms, plus a pullout couch. There is airconditioning throughout - thank goodness! We have 2 full bathrooms and we have designated them as girls and boys. There are only 4 boys and 6 girls but I still think we lucked out.
On this trip are my in-laws - and thanks to them for this trip. My brother-in-law, sister-in-law, niece and nephew from Dallas are here, and the 4 of us.
Those of you who read my other posts know that I pay attention to food and drink. We are each in charge of a days' worth of meals while we are here. We switched it up a bit so one family wouldn't have to cook all day long. So here is the menu from today:
Chad and Jenn - breakfast = doughnuts
Dave and Lisa - lunch = taco/nacho bar
Dave and Pam - dinner = chicken kabobs, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. Yum!
I will work on posting more pictures.

No comments: