Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The last sometimes is the best

This will probably be the last post I make from Lake of the Ozarks. We had a great day today! After we got the boat serviced at noon, we decided that we were going to cruise the lake. We did that for quite awhile and then found a great place to anchor up and swim. The kids and grown-ups swam all afternoon! Jenn and I were able to sneak up to the top deck and take a nap. It was exactly what I needed! We cruised a bit more in the late afternoon before we came to dock in the marina. We had a nice supper and started packing. I am using my time now to upload pictures and check some email.

At supper, we all went around the table and said our favorite things from the day. It was really nice. Here are the things I will miss from the trip:
  • Bloody Mary's after breakfast every day - thanks Chad!
  • Taking turns cooking - food really does taste better when you don't have to work for it!
  • Swimming every afternoon
  • Swim suit and shorts as my uniform
  • Ice cold beer and frosty wine from the cooler
  • Watching my kids play with their cousin

I am looking forward to some things at home:

  • A nice hot shower!
  • Clean clothes - although I still just want to wear athletic shorts and t-shirts every day
  • A trip to the dentist - who would have thought I would have ever wanted that!

We are very thankful to Pam and Dave for this trip. Pam is right - we will take the memories with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo to go with that closing post...it's like you're multimodal or something. Sorry to hear about the dental mishap. See you soon...

Anonymous said...

There's definitely something to be said for a hot shower and your own bed.

Hope you had a *little* fun on vaycay!

Unknown said...

I think this sounds like a classic family vacation - a little good, a little bad, a little alcohol, a few painkillers...

Oh wait, perhaps I've now revealed too much about my childhood?

We'll be glad to have you back, sneakers, shorts, and all.