My older daughter got to watch all of it on TV yesterday. I was glad for that. She was in the voting booth with me when we elected our president. It was interesting to get an almost 10 year old's take on the events of the day.
- She and her friends were glad that Obama was not shot yesterday. With the inauguration following the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. celebration, assassination was on their minds.
- They didn't like the poem that was read by Elizabeth Alexander. I have to say that I am on the fence about it myself, although I did think of a lesson plan idea based upon it.
- They liked the Benediction. They thought he was a funny speaker and they liked that he rhymed even if the poem before him didn't!
- They paid attention to the clothes that everyone was wearing. I wish she could have watched the balls with me later.
- In her Time Magazine for Kids, she really enjoyed the new photo of the living presidents. Obama is sandwiched between George HW and George W.
What were your thoughts about the inauguration?
BTW - this is my 50th post. Who knew?