Monday, October 27, 2008

Ah, to be a kid again ...

If you ask me (maybe even if you ask them) my kids had a great weekend! It all started with a half day of school on Thursday. That was so mom could meet with their teachers for conferences. And those conferences, and their accompanying report cards, were fantastic! I was super proud of both of them and they were proud of themselves. Friday, there was no school but I still had to work. That was kind of a bummer but they were able to rest up at the sitter's for our Friday night plans. Kelsey and I went to see REO Speedwagon at Assembly Hall on campus. I really wanted to take Kelsey to her first concert and when I won tickets on the radio, I knew she was the one who had to go with me. We had pretty good seats and REO played a great set. Kels really like the opening band too. Poor Kaitlyn - she didn't get to go. And she was glad she didn't get to go! :) Instead, she got to hang out with her aunt and uncle. They took her out for ice cream and then to our favorite local bookstore. She got to choose a book to take home too. And it was hardcover! We didn't get home until 11:15 that night. The next day, Saturday, Kelsey had her soccer tournament. It was run differently from last year and they only had to play three games. They won those three games and won the tournament! She got a very cool medal for it too. Kaitlyn got to leave in the middle of the tourney to go to a birthday party. Kels had a well-timed break so we could spend 25 minutes at the party - enough time to scarf down some really good food. When we got home from soccer, there was a message on the machine for Kaitlyn. One of her very good friend's was hosting a High School Musical 3 party and sleepover. She was so excited she could hardly contain herself! I think her sister was glad she was gone as well. Sunday was "boring" only consisting of Church and a playdate with the neighbor. What a great weekend for all of us!

No comments: